ATLANTA – Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center has announced the completion of a $12 million renovation to the hotel’s public spaces and dining outlets which includes the addition of four new food and beverage concepts: Top Draft, Centennial Grounds, New South Kitchen and Vues Lobby Bar.
The renovations, which were made to the hotel’s South Tower, were designed to create a destination of connectivity for locals and guests alike. Located within CNN’s world headquarters, the revitalized hotel acts as a hub for business, news and social interaction. The new lobby evokes a feeling of creativity and collaboration with communal tables and inviting lounge areas. Separately, the multiple new food and beverage outlets allow for any gathering – from a business meeting to drinks with a friend.
“The ultimate goal with the hotel renovations was to create inviting and fun spaces for every type of guest to enjoy while showcasing our Southern hospitality and Omni’s signature service,” said Keith Butz, area managing director at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center. “We are primarily a convention hotel, but our business has changed due to COVID-19, and this completed renovation, along with our prime location in downtown Atlanta, will lead to a great place for both visitors to Atlanta as well as locals to enjoy .”
Property renovations include the following:
- Top Draft: The perfect destination for game day, Top Draft is within walking distance of Mercedes-Benz Stadium and State Farm Arena, and offers the perfect pre- and post-game experience for all your sport’s needs. From an expansive menu of bar food favorites with a sophisticated twist including house made pork rinds and butter-poached lobster fries, food is front and center for the new elevated sports bar. The bar also has an open-air terrace with views of Centennial Olympic Park, providing guests with communal countertops and lounge seating. Top Draft boasts 20 TVs atop its spacious bar, complete with 25 beers on tap and top-shelf cocktail options. With sports ties incorporated throughout the space and vibrant hues to liven the mood, Top Draft will be the best spot in town on gameday.
- Centennial Grounds: Centennial Grounds takes coffee to a new level with its sophisticated, airy design and light bites at all hours of the day. The design elements, including accents of stone and brass, add to the overall elevated feel of the space. The coffee bar offers house-baked pastries and sandwiches, fresh fruit smoothies, homemade ice cream and locally sourced snacks curated to give guests a taste of Atlanta. With spacious working areas, lounge seating, ample connectivity and coffee all-day, Centennial Grounds offers guests a welcoming, cosmopolitan space ready to be the backdrop of your workday destination.
- New South Kitchen: New South Kitchen offers guests a modern twist on classic Southern charm as seen throughout the concept’s menu and design. The blue design elements from the bar area carry over into this space, which contrast with the soft flooring and black metal elements sprinkled throughout. Meant to feel like an eclectic living room, this inviting breakfast and lunch spot offers comforting favorites including peach cobbler, French toast and sweet tea fried chicken. From the build-your-own shrimp and grits bar to fresh biscuits from executive chef Greg Wright’s family recipe, New South Kitchen embodies the flavors of Atlanta and the heart of Omni.
- Vues Lobby Bar: The sophisticated lobby bar with unparalleled views of Centennial Olympic Park give guests a communal gathering space complete with an expansive bourbon list, international wines, local beers and craft cocktails. The design combines Southern elegance and modern whimsy with clean stone finishes, curated gallery walls towards the North and South, and hanging traditional rugs that turn into art as they melt onto the floor. Guests can enjoy globally-inspired tapas like Vietnamese meatballs, chicken croquettes and pimento cheese sliders from its chef-inspired menu.
- Lobby Renovation: As guests enter the hotel via the South Tower, they’ll be welcomed by a sense of community and approachability with communal tables and soft design elements seen throughout. The reception desks project a sophisticated feel with metal and stone accents, while the lounge areas located within the lobby offer a comfortable space to catch up on work or enjoy time with a friend.
Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center follows Omni Hotels & Resorts’ Safe & Clean program, which launched in May. In collaboration with Ecolab, the initiative includes extensive cleaning guidelines, processes, procedures and products to help ensure the health, safety and comfort of guests and associates. The program follows the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and also meets or exceeds the “Safe Stay” initiative set forth by the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA).